Sports Premium Funding
The PE and Sport Premium provides ring fenced money to primary school head teachers to make additional and sustained improvements to the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
The Department for Education significantly increased funding for 2017 to 2018 and has now confirmed these will remain unchanged for 2019-20. This level sees:
- Schools with 17 or more eligible pupils will receive £16,000 and an additional payment of £10 per pupil based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
All pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. We would expect indicators of such improvement to include:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
At Jeavons Wood we work with staff in The Cam Academy Trust and with the South Cambs School Sports Partnership to offer a comprehensive package of support for our pupils and staff.
The Trust provides one half-day per week of in-school support from the high quality Primary PE team throughout the year. A member of the team works closely with teachers and teaching assistants in to help raise standards in the planning, teaching and assessment of the school’s PE provision.
We are continuing our long-standing relationship with the SCSSP, subscribing to the Silver package of support. This provides access to a wide range of competitions, activity festivals, courses for teachers, shared resources and professional conferences.