Use the PTA website to make PTA event related payments, find out about upcoming PTA events and discover volunteer opportunities: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/jeavonswood
For Second Hand Uniform Sales, please visit https://jwpta.square.site/
Jeavons Wood PTA is a registered charity made up of parents, carers and teachers who raise additional funds to provide activities and equipment for the school children.
The objective of the PTA is to advance the education of pupils in the school by:
- Engaging in fundraising activities and providing facilities or equipment which supports the school and advances the education of the pupils.
- Developing effective relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
Our PTA exists to provide closer links between home and school and it is an excellent way to bring staff, parents and friends together socially in support of the school. You can read our full constitution here.
The PTA aims to:
- Organise fun charity activities and events for children and their families.
- Raise funds for activities and resources that are not funded through the school budget.
- Provide opportunities that will welcome and encourage parents and carers to become part of the Jeavons Wood school community.
- Involve the wider community with the school.
Help us by joining in
We really couldn’t achieve what we do without the behind-the-scenes help that we receive. There are many ways you can help and support the PTA. It doesn’t matter if you can’t help on a regular basis, ALL volunteers are welcome.
Contact us on email@example.com if you would like to talk to us about volunteering at our upcoming events.
Fundraising, events and contributions
The majority of our funds are raised through a variety of events which run throughout the year. Some examples of fundraising events include:
- School discos
- Summer fete
- Quiz nights
- Cake sales
- Pre-loved uniform sales
- Christmas cards and gifts
- Non uniform days
- ...and much more.
Not only do our events provide fun and enjoyment for the school children and their families, they also raise funds to deliver significant contributions towards school activities and resources.
Some of the contributions we have made recently include:
- iPads for all classes - 1 between 2 children across the school
- Trim Trail
- Play House
- Forest school items
- Foundation classroom redevelopment
- School library books
- Wildlife pond construction
- …and much more.
We are also proud to make annual donations of the following items:
- Foundation new starter rucksacks
- WOW days for all classes
- Annual Christmas Pantomime
- Christmas gifts for all children
- Ice-pops on Sports Day for all children
- Year 6 leavers disco and gifts
Our PTA Committee
The PTA is overseen by a committee of elected members. Our current members are:
Chairperson: Deborah Baker
Treasurer: Jane Oakley
Secretary: Lucy Harvey
Please feel free to contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, talk to us in the playground or leave a message via the school office in person, by phone: 01954 717180, or by post: PTA c/o Jeavons Wood Primary School, Eastgate, Great Cambourne, CB23 6DZ.
Jeavons Wood PTA has Charity Status
Registered Charity Number: 1158028
We have adopted the Parent Kind model constitution which provides formal recognition of the PTA. Its charitable objectives gives us a legal status which is publicly acknowledged. One of the key benefits of charitable status is the ability to seek funds from grant making trusts, national and local companies and through Payroll and Company Match Giving Schemes. It also allows us to be exempt from the payment of income and corporation tax and we are eligible to apply for Gift Aid. Read our full Constitution here.